The role-holder will be aligned to 1 of the below product lines:
- FNZ’s pension propositions. This role requires experience in providing compliance consultancy in relation to FCA and HMRC requirements for pensions and experience in advising / reviewing FCA/HMRC filings. The role will require you to provide oversight and support to the Technical Pensions Compliance Analyst; engage with pension clients’ 2LOD teams providing assurance of oversight of their pensions and other business; and maintaining awareness of material compliance issues affecting those clients and the first line activity in relation to addressing those issues.
- FNZ’s wealth and bank propositions. This role requires experience in providing compliance consultancy to relation to FCA/PRA requirements for banks/wealth clients. The role will require engagement with clients’ 2LOD teams providing assurance of 2LOD oversight of their business proposition with FNZ and maintaining awareness of material compliance issues affecting those clients and the first line activity in relation to addressing those issues.
- To assist senior management to promote the compliance culture of FNZ (‘the Company’), in particular promoting the understanding of regulatory obligations.
- To provide training to the business as required.
- To attend governance meetings as required.
- To provide in-depth advice to the Company on FCA and other applicable regulations in connection with the Company’s regulated and administrative activities.
- To provide regulatory advice in connection with business propositions.
- To provide compliance support to projects as required.
- To review risk events, confirm rule references and advise, as required, on action to be taken to rectify any breaches of the FCA’s Rules and where necessary, HMRC and other regulations.
Regulatory Compliance Policy
- To assist the business to meet the minimum standards of the Regulatory Compliance Policy.
- To review the supporting policies to the Regulatory Compliance Policy ensuring that they remain up-to-date.
Client Relationship Management with 2LOD Counterparties
- To build relationships with the Company’s clients’ 2LOD functions.
- To provide 2LOD Compliance oversight of the business in connection with specified clients ensuring familiarity with key client risks and issues.
- To undertake risk trend analysis as required in connection with specified clients.
- To maintain awareness of functionality change delivery and approve releases on behalf of 2LOD for specified clients.
Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP)
- To assist in carrying out the Compliance Monitoring Plan. This may include carrying out reviews; assisting with reviews e.g. sampling or carrying out side by sides; or overseeing the reviews being carried out.
- To carry out analysis of risk event trends in relation to functions/ specified clients and carry out deep dive investigations/monitoring on areas where trend analysis has highlighted potential problems.
- To assist the Regulatory Developments section of the Compliance team by providing input where required into regulatory change impact assessments and assisting clients where required in relation to those regulatory changes.
- To prepare reports and liaise with clients on compliance matters.
- To liaise with auditors and consultants on compliance matters where required.
- To assist in the preparation of Committee papers.
- To attend Governance meetings as required.
- To share ideas to enhance cross-team learning and business development.
- To build and maintain relationships with internal and external parties.
- To support the team’s efforts to succeed.
Maintaining Operational and Company Standards
- To support the Company’s goals and values.
- To encourage and drive quality and continuous improvement of processes used across the business.
- To ensure practices are compliant with regulatory bodies’ expectations.
- The ability to build relationships with clients and within the Company.
- The ability to prioritise and manage service delivery targets within tight constraints.
- To take ownership for workload and be proactive in approach.
- Strong communication skills, using appropriate language and style of communication that is relevant to the situation and circumstances to influence.
- To demonstrate sufficient self-awareness to identify personal strengths and areas for development.
- Ability to analyse and problem solve.
- Calm, reasonable and professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible to change, eager to improve and develop new skills.