The Transfer Agency Reconciliations Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the reconciliation activities ensuring efficiency of process whilst ensuring expectations of end customers is exceeded.
The role will report into Director Operations and Proposition and will form part of the Operations Management Team.
This role will require some customer engagement for ongoing service provision as well as understanding any change to operational process or structure because of the change in customer proposition.
• The role requires a candidate with extensive experience of cash & reconciliation processing in multiple currencies and who can demonstrate management of complex operational activities across multiple services.
• Proactive approach to the management of exceptions with timely and accurate clearance and/or systems updates
• Client facing role requiring the holder to represent FNZ in client meetings and industry forums
• Monitoring and ensuring adherence to SLA’s, KPI’s and department procedures.
• Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with any relevant compliance or regulatory requirements with particular focus to ensure adherence to CASS, SYSC and COBs rules.
• Liaising with other departments and clients as required
• Efficient workflow or process management identifying and implementing improvements as necessary to optimise team performance
• Manage the team’s performance to ensure adherence to team and individual objectives
• Keeping staff informed of any changes in regulatory rules and adherence to them and implementation to procedures.
• Provision of qualitative department MI
• Root cause analysis of all instances of losses, compensation or any other transactions for the account of the firm to understand why they occurred and to identify and implement any processes to reduce losses / mistakes
• Provide leadership and development for individuals
• Comply with the Training and development standards and requirements as outlined in FNZ's T&D Framework, including CPD.
• Qualifications: Financial Services Industry recognised qualifications highly desirable
• Significant demonstrable experience of a management role with a financial services background.
• Commercially aware and service driven
• Experience of building strong cross functional and location relationships
• Strong leadership qualities
• Ability to exceed in a high volume environment with effective management of multiple simultaneous and competing objectives
• Product knowledge of instruments (mutual funds, equities, fixed income), tax wrapped accounts (ISA, JISA, SIPP). A working knowledge of CASS rules is a mandatory requirement
• Knowledge of Global Custody and mutual fund models for processing transactions as well as payment processing within UK and International payments systems highly desirable
• Thorough understanding of the lifecycle of a transaction including reconciliations and postings to client and accounts
• Proactive, flexible approach to working.
• First class verbal and written communication skills.
• Self motivated and of high integrity.
• Copes well under pressure and can deliver to deadlines.
• Good time management skills.
• Good relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
• Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
FNZ is a global FinTech firm, transforming the way financial institutions serve their wealth management customers. We partner with banks, insurers and asset managers to help consumers better achieve their financial goals. The business has grown rapidly in recent years, as its institutional customers have used FNZ’s platform to improve transparency, choice and drive down long-term costs for consumers of wealth management products across all segments: from mass-market workplace pensions to mass-affluent and high-net-worth clients.
Today, FNZ is responsible for over £330 billion in assets under administration (AuA) held by around 5 million customers of some of the world’s largest financial institutions, including Standard Aberdeen, Santander, Lloyds Bank, Vanguard, Generali, Barclays, Quilter, UOB, Aviva, Zurich, UBS, BNZ, Findex and FNZC. In total, FNZ partners with over 60 financial institutions across the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia. The company has over 1,400 employees in the UK, Czech Republic, Shanghai, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.